Sunday, January 1, 2012

Going Back Home

December 30, 2011



Rocky-

On the way back home…

Well, lucky us…we are in the process of adopting in Ukraine just as they are making all these changes to the process…After two agonizing days, we did not receive the final document from Kyiv that the Minister had to sign, so we could not have our hearing. I guess he had so many more important things to do than make two orphans happy during the Christmas Season.  Don and I decided to come home and not return until this final required document is signed by the Minister of Sports and a court date is definite.



 This was really hard on us and very hard on the kids. It was painful to see their faces and explain to them that the paperwork had not been signed and that we couldn’t go to the judge on the day that we had hoped for.  Alex knelt down in front of them while they were on the couch and carefully explained it to them. He was so great. I have so much admiration for that man.  He really cares about the well-being of these kids. But, no matter how many people were trying to make things happen, it just couldn’t be done. We hope to be returning for the hearing on January 16th.



On a more positive note, I will kiss my front door when I get home. I love the comforts we have and won’t take them for granted anymore. I will have a new perspective as I wash clothes in the washing machine and brush my teeth with tap water.  I miss the kids already, but am telling myself that I will see them again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Alternatively it could be a sign that these kudos r not meant to b yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an American, I am of the opinion that Ukraine should be appreciative that people are willing to adopt, at great time and expense, children that desperately need families.

    I am also aware that the majority of Ukraine do not see it like this. Treating Americans shabbily is encouraged and applauded. Corruption is accepted, expecially if a foreigner is on the receiving end. The real crime is that children are suffering here.

    Ukraine is a wonderful example of how Communism can really rob a nation of their soul.

    ReplyDelete