Monday, January 16, 2012

Some details on the Big Day.

Don...


I thought that instead of telling the story in words, I would let the pictures do most of the storytelling.
Walking to court
 Don't say anything negative about the statue on the way in. Some people here look at Lenin very favorably

Lenin
I felt kind of like I was going to see the Wizard Of OZ
Steps to the Judge's office
Minutes following the decision
All smiles
Welcome Roman James and Natalia Marie

Moments later outside the courthouse
A Coke at the restaurant
This is a rare treat for these once orphaned kids. Their new mom told them not to get used to it because they would be drinking healthy things in their new home. I know this woman. I am certain that she meant it.
I will miss the girls at the restaurant. They always have a smile
They told me that if they had known I was going to take their picture they would have put on some make-up. I said that they didn't have to worry, I was just going to use it on the internet...they don't speak English.
Alla with the kids
This is Alla, our facilitator with Roman and Natalia . She possesses just about the best work ethic I have ever seen. She worked tirelessly for this adoption and we have become good friends. We are grateful that God sent her to us.

We said goodby to the kids tonight. Roman asked if we could stay a few more days. We told him that we could not. It is remarkable how he keeps his emotions inside. He does this much better than I do. When you have been through what they have experienced at such an early age, I guess you would have to develop some kind of emotional defense. I did not have the heart to tell him that I could not return with Rocky to pick them up in February.

The next time I see them it will be sometime in February at the Pittsburgh airport.

I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Let us know if you'd like a welcoming committee! Your Pittsburgh peeps will help you out!!

    ReplyDelete