Friday, January 13, 2012

Really getting Excited!

Don...


We are just a couple days from traveling back to Ukraine. When we left there just two weeks ago, I was dreading the return trip. Now, I can't wait. We are about to see the kids again and things are falling back into perspective for us. I am so looking forward to seeing them. This time, it is likely to happen. A court date, and a judge telling us that they will soon be part of our new family.


I have heard so many people, people at work, and others we share the story with, say that we are somehow special people for adopting Roman and Natalia. It's funny in a way, because we don't feel special. We both feel like the kids are the special ones. Rocky and I are only becoming part of something that was always supposed to be. We are made to feel like heroes by so many people that hear the story. There is a part of me that loves to hear that, but there is also a part of me that is sick of hearing it.


The material things that I so valued have become much less important in my life. After seeing the plight of children at the orphanage, I feel ashamed for being so self centered. I tend to look at spending money very differently. Rocky and I could easily spend a couple hundred dollars a month on just going out to eat at restaurants. Now I see that money as the ability to host a child or two. The ability to bring hope to an otherwise hopeless life.


I have asked God tonight, to help me never be as I was, before this all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment