Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Coming Into the Final Stretch

Rocky

February 7, 2012

We went to the American Embassy today. We are only a few days away from making it home.  The Embassy would not accept our passport photos because the ears weren’t showing in the photo…it has to be a face forward shot and Natalia’s chin was turned to the left. I don’t know how the passport photo office messed this one up, but it cost us a day…We had to go and re-take the photos and so we missed our doctor’s appointment. We are going to try to get the medical exams tomorrow.


I can’t wait to get home. I have been here way too long and I am starting to go crazy.

We met our translator, Alla, for the last time today and she gave us some paperwork that we needed. The children wrote her a thank you note. Natalia thanked her for all of her work to help them have a family. Roman said that because of her hard work, they now have a family. “Without Alla”, he wrote, “they wouldn’t have any parents”.  It was very touching and brought tears to our eyes. We hope that she can come and visit with us in the U.S. sometime. We gave her some money for all of her extra hard work. She said that she is saving up to buy a dishwasher someday.


Sorry, I haven’t posted any photos. I am having trouble loading my photos from my iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment