Thursday, February 9, 2012

The way God works:

Don...


My wife and our new children arrive tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. I am sitting here in my hotel room in Calgary (yes I have a job), and pondering all that has happened to this point. Honestly, if you would have told me even eight months ago that my wife and I would be adopting two kids from Ukraine, my response would be "I don't think so".


I am almost 55 years old. I have eight grand-kids. I can pretty much do what I want, go where I want, be what I want and not have to look over my shoulder. Why in the world would I get myself into something like this?


It came to Rocky and I as an idea. Then we became curious. Then we looked into it. Then we became educated about the plight of these children. Then we inquired about hosting. Then we hosted. Then we fell in love with two perfect little strangers. Now we are parents all over again. We couldn't be happier.


Saying goodbye to the director of the orphanage



It is amazing how God works isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment