Saturday, February 18, 2012

The First Week Home

Rocky

 The first week at home with these guys was delightful…I .can’t think of any other word to describe it.

They are such a joy to be around…..so  happy just to have the little things…a shower with shampoo they like, .fresh eggs in the morning, cheese, bananas, grapes… all things they did not have access to at the orphanage.  Most of all, the hugs don’t stop coming. It is great. They seem to be so happy to know that they are secure. They now have a mother and father who love and care for them (we have lots of years of hugs to make up for.)


I am so surprised at how busy I am. I don’t remember being this busy with Michael and John. Maybe it’s because there are so many things to do at first. We are going non-stop with doctor’s appointments, English and math lessons, shopping for basic things like pajamas, boots, etc, etc.


I feel so bad that I have not been able to answer all the emails from friends asking how things are going.  I am trying to put all of the work that has piled up on my desk for the last few months out of my mind. What could be more important that making sure these kids get off to the right start in their new home? I’m trying to establish some routines (neatness) and good habits. The best time to do that is the first month they are home. I keep telling myself that I will catch up in the office later. I hope that is the case.

Fun with David at Aunt Judy and Uncle Don's House

This week we had homeschool every day. We also went to the doctor's for immunizations, visited the Y and the kids swam in the indoor pool, visited Aunt Judy and Uncle Don's house for a Valentine's party, had dinner with John and Kait, Roman played soccer with a boy's team and loved it, Natalia played with Mila across the street. They also saw their friend, Philipe, and played soccer outdoors. The kids had a great time this week and so did I.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing well! Just catching up with reading your blog. I really need to update mine as well. We have had an easy, happy transition home too - but so busy! I think I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete