Sunday, December 25, 2011

Go ahead! Make my Day!

Don....


We had some more snow today. It made for lots of fun. Too much snow would not be good here. There are no snow plows nor do they salt the roads. But then again, what do I care, its not like I'm going to drive anywhere. My future daughter invited me outside to play. The snow started flying around my head almost immediately. Notice the snowball in flight. Natalia found her target. ME!
One second before impact
Roman and Natalia came to our apartment today. We gave them some small gifts. Roman got another new soccer ball because the other one I bought was already leaking air. That ball was either very cheap, or the soccer here is pretty intense and the ball gave out. Natalia was given a Disney puzzle and also a necklace that Rocky bought for her in Pittsburgh.


We went to the market again yesterday. That was the first day that it snowed so we figured that since all the stores are outside, that nothing would be open. Wrong! There were a few diehards that were very excited to see us coming. I just had to take their picture. People love having there picture taken here.
Open for business
So the big news is that we should get information tomorrow afternoon regarding the paperwork for the adoption. Hopefully, things will be ready and in order to keep our court date alive. If not, we will be coming home waiting for another date to be confirmed. Please pray that all goes well the next couple days.


I was telling Rocky yesterday that I have been boxed in for so long within these four walls that I am really starting to get depressed. When the kids come by I know they can tell that we are tired of being in this place. Roman keeps cheering me up by giving the thumbs up on the court date. Which reminds me, the director told them yesterday that court would be on the 29th. We were afraid to tell them ourselves just in case it doesn't happen. We are being very conservative in our approach to the situation out of respect for the director of the orphanage/boarding school. I am including a photo of Roman trying to make us laugh.
Roman the Comedian
We had some fun today Skyping a few people. I called my Mom and Dad. Roman and Natalia were very cute. They both spoke pretty good English when they asked my parents how they were doing. They called them Grandma and Grandpa. My mom and dad got a real kick out of that I think.


Not much else going on here. It's just a waiting game at this point. It feels like sudden death overtime in a hockey game. Once the goal is scored (the court decision), we all celebrate and go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment