Thursday, December 22, 2011

Waiting and Waiting

Don...


We haven't had much to add to the blog. We are in a holding pattern. Our translator is in Kyiv to finish the paperwork prior to the court date. Since she left us on Tuesday (seems like a week ago, but only two days) it has become a waiting game. 


I do not have my guitar to play. There is no TV so I am having severe withdrawal issues almost to the point of the shakes. No sports to watch. No telephone. I feel like Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway.


I did pick up a new hobby. I have taken to sweeping and mopping the floor. Last night I was up till 1:00 am gladly washing my wife's clothes just to have something different to do. She doesn't let me wash her clothes at home because I tend to ruin them. Not much chance of that here. There is only one cycle.The best part of washing the clothes is how one actually goes about this. See photo of our washing machine;
The washing machine
Since you have seen the washing machine (which also doubles as the kitchen sink), I will also share with you the range that I prepared dinner on last night. It works great if you unplug the refrigerator first.
The Range
Rocky and I are very grateful to stay here. The Director of the orphanage did not have to make this available to us. He is a very kind man and is wonderful with the children. This little apartment is a real blessing to us. I am only pointing out that it is not at all like what we are used to.


We had a wonderful time last night with some of the children that are also expecting a new life in America with their new American family. We played Uno, ate salami and cheese (again), and played some word games. Little Anatoliy was so cute. He tries so hard to speak English. He is so amazing to speak to. When he comes in the room I always get a big hug. He loves to help with anything we are working on.  He will also be adopted by a family in America. He is very anxious for that day and all smiles when we Skype his new Mommy and Poppy. His older brother is just as sweet but a bit more reserved with his emotions.
Anatoliy & Vanya
He always has a smile
I think she might be cheating!
I hate to lose!
Until next time... 

We are off to the market to find something to cook tonight. That may not sound very exciting to you, but I can't wait to get out of this chair. 

See ya for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment